Saturday, May 31, 2008

"wh" sound

In one episode of the TV show, "family guy",
Stew said, cool h-wip.
Then, Brian goes, What did you just say?
Stew : what? cool h-wip
Brian : Say whip.
Stew : whip.
Brian : Now, cool whip
Stew : cool h-wip
later
Meg : It's h-weird.
Brian : It doesn't even have 'h' in it!

I remember some of my English teachers taught me h-wat? h-were, when I was young.
At that time, you can have a good grade in English, as long as you were good at grammer. Now, the new president emphasize the importance of the English conversation skills, and I wonder hose those teachers will teach kids English conversation, pronouncing 'h-wat' 'h-were'.

I don't say h-wat or h-were.
But, by mistake I still say,

steering h-weel

h-weel chair

It's just so hard to break the habit.
 

No comments: